The HomePNA™ Alliance is a community of leading technology companies, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and service providers working together to develop, promote and support home networking solutions based on internationally recognized, open and interoperable HomePNA standards.
The Alliance supports development and deployment of products designed to meet the needs of consumers and to address service providers' demands for carrier-grade performance to enable the distribution of triple-play services, such as IPTV, Voice over IP (VoIP) and Internet data in the home over existing telephone wires and coax cables. The technology enables telecommunication service providers to meet - and drive - the growing consumer demand for affordable, high-speed and easy-to-use home entertainment networks.
The Goal of HomePNA
HomePNA's goal is to drive the adoption and shipments of HomePNA technology worldwide:
- Develop leading-edge multimedia home networking technology that operates over multiple types of existing home wiring for the worldwide market
- Cooperate with other industry groups to deliver easy-to-use complete access/home networking solutions
- Lower development and deployment costs with easy-to-use member-only community Web-based communication tools
- Drive market interest and awareness by promoting HomePNA's feature-rich technology and market success to the press and analysts
- Promote member products at tradeshow HomePNA booths
- Provide opportunities for members to promote their products through HomePNA newsletters, success stories and blog
- Increase customer satisfaction through the member-product logo interoperability and certification program
- Lower product development and deployment costs with a one-stop Web resource for finding certified HomePNA products and technology