New organization will ensure smooth market migration to G.hn for home networks while continuing support for HomePNA
Beaverton, OR - May 28, 2013
HomeGrid Forum and the HomePNA Alliance today announced that they have merged to create a single organization focused on promoting advanced wired home networking technologies. more
# # #
Bell Canada Joins HomePNA
Over Ten New Telcos Join AT&T as HomePNA Members
San Ramon, CA - January 7, 2010
The HomePNA Alliance today announced that one of the largest telecommunications service providers in North America has joined the organization. Over ten telcos, including, Canada's largest telecommunications service provider, have joined HomePNA which now claims more telco members than any other wired home networking technology alliance.
"We have enjoyed a big increase in the number of service providers joining HomePNA following the very successful HomePNA Summit last October," said Bill Simmelink, president HomePNA. "The alliance has impressed them as a valuable resource for technical support as they deploy HomePNA technology in their customers' homes."
"Our research has shown HomePNA to be the most widely deployed IPTV solution by service providers in North American DSL installations," said Gary Schultz, president, industry analyst MRG, Inc. "This announcement emphasizes HomePNA's continued momentum with leading telcos."
Highlights / Key Facts
- Four of the top five largest carriers in North America deploying IPTV have selected HomePNA.
- HomePNA has helped service providers reduce installation costs by over $300 million.
- Telcos that have deployed HomePNA generally experience higher fixed line retention, higher ARPU, and greater customer satisfaction.
- HomePNA 3.1 has been standardized by the ITU as Recommendation G.9954 - a major factor in telco adoption of the technology for IPTV and triple play.
- To date, the addition of HomePNA-enabled IPTV has generated more than $1 billion in new revenues for service providers.
HomePNA is an incorporated, non-profit association of industry-leading companies including AT&T, Motorola and Cisco working together to create, promote and certify multimedia home networking technology that operates over existing wires. HomePNA technology operates over coax cables and phone wires to deliver Internet Protocol (IP) services like IPTV, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and data, often bundled by service providers as triple-play services. Founded in June 1998, HomePNA members represent cutting-edge international companies that span the networking, telecommunications, hardware, software and consumer electronics industries. For more information on HomePNA, visit
# # #
All trademarks mentioned herein are believed to be trademarks of their respective owners.